Dart works very closely with the Earth Resources (ERR) branch which sits within the Victorian Government Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions. ERR plays a key role in:
- Regulating the resources industry to effectively manage risks to the environment and community
- Attracting and facilitating investment in coal, gas, and mineral resources
- Managing access to earth resources for current and future use
- Supporting investment in technological development
ERR partners with a range of other government agencies and industry organisations. Agreements with these organisations aid the regulation of the resources sector in line with community and industry expectations.
Through the delivery of geoscience, policy and regulation, ERR enables industry to responsibly and sustainably develop Victoria’s earth resources. The Resources branch works with industry to build community knowledge and confidence in the social, environmental and economic performance of the resources sector.
Resources branch comprises three units
- Earth Resources Regulation
- Earth Resources Policy and Programs
- Earth Resources Economic Development